Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finished Cubism Portrait

 This is my most recent portrait that I have completed for my Art 1 Class. It was a 2-3 week long project with Tempera or Acrylic paint, which I chose Tempera. Everyone in the class had to choose between four concepts: Cubism (Which I chose), Pop Art, Expressionism, and I just can't remember the last one. I know it was little squares with individual painting inside all of the boxes. I know that the person someone studied for that would be Chuck Close. Oh well. I was so scared to cut up this painting. Because I was running out of time, and it was my only painting. But I'm glad I did. It worked out well.
Fact: When you tell someone in your class that you're going to cut up your painting, and they don't know that you're doing a form of cubism, they will flip out. D:

1 comment: